By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Sound Rink Inc.'s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Sound Rink Inc.'s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Sound Rink Inc. at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Sound Rink Inc.'s web site are provided "as is". Sound Rink Inc. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Sound Rink Inc. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Sound Rink Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Sound Rink Inc.'s Internet site, even if Sound Rink Inc. or a Sound Rink Inc. authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Sound Rink Inc.'s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Sound Rink Inc. does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Sound Rink Inc. may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Sound Rink Inc. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Sound Rink Inc. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Sound Rink Inc. of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Sound Rink Inc.'s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
About the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Whether playing, shopping, studying or
just surfing, today's kids are taking advantage of all that the Web has to
offer. But when it comes to their personal information online, who's in charge?
In an effort to put parents in the driver's seat, the Federal Trade Commission
has established new rules for Web site operators to make sure that kids'
privacy is protected while they're online. These rules, which went into effect
on April 21, 2000, are part of the 1998 Children's Online Privacy Protection
The law requires that Web site operators post comprehensive privacy policies on their sites, notify parents about their information practices, and obtain parental consent before collecting any personal information from children under the age of 13 or allowing kids under 13 to publicly post personal information such as on web pages, bulletin boards or chat rooms without their parent's consent. For kids, this means that they will not have free reign of all that the Web has to offer, unless their parent provides consent.
Basically, the law was enacted not to restrict Web operators from providing services and capturing useful data, but to restrict kids from releasing information about themselves that could allow a stranger to contact them.
For more detailed information on COPPA, please visit: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/online/kidsprivacy.htm
Who collects information?
Information is collected from children
on the Sound Rink Web site by Sound Rink.com.
Sound Rink is located at
PO BOX 471
Newburyport, MA. 01950
You can email Sound Rink regarding the information collection practices of Sound Rink at email@example.com
Some portions of the Sound Rink Web site frame the content of third parties (for example, advertising banners) or link to third party Web sites. Content framed on the Sound Rink Web site or third party Web sites that are linked from the Sound Rink Web site may also collect information about you or your child. The information practices of those advertisers and Web sites often are outside of our control and are not covered by this privacy statement. In addition, we recommend that children use caution when exiting the Sound Rink site through links or banners.
What kind of personal information is collected and how is it used?
Sound Rink strives to be an online
resource for VIP tickets for artists. We will not collect personal information
about you or your child unless you provide it to us or publicly post it
voluntarily and knowingly. In order to buy tickets some personal information is
required. The information collected may include you or your child's legal name,
address, telephone number, email address, areas of interest, birth date,
"username," and/or password. Information about your or your child's
activities may also be collected on an aggregate (i.e., group) basis, where we
will not know or keep track of precisely to whom the information relates.
Sound Rink may use information collected from your child, personal and aggregate, to tell your child about products or services that may be of interest to him or her. Personal information may also be used by Sound Rink to contact your child, either by electronic communication or by regular mail.
We will not sell or rent your child's information to third parties at all, ever, under any circumstances. If you or your child has submitted personal information to us and would like to change it or remove it from our records, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete the information.
What are cookies and how does Sound Rink use them?
If you do not wish your child to
receive any communications from Sound Rink or its partners, you have the right
to "opt out" during the user account registration process or at any
time afterwards by sending an email to email@example.com
You may cancel your child's account at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Once Sound Rink has finished processing the cancellation, Sound Rink will delete all your child's personal information from its database and your child will no longer be able to access the public forums or create personalized Web pages.
Sound Rink maintains a secured area on the Site for transmission and storage of your child's information. Although Sound Rink will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your child's information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be secure. Sound Rink has no liability for disclosure of your child's information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
How can parents review the personal information collected about their children?
Parents can review or delete the personal information collected about their child or refuse to allow any further collection or use of their child's personal information by submitting a request via email to email@example.com. Access to and control over your child's data requires authentication of the parent's identity.